Sunday, October 27, 2013

lucky

Although my pulled hamstring healed enough to let me start running again, this past week I had another setback, from which I am now cautiously recovering (again). During my run this morning I thought about how I was lucky to be running at all, which led to other "I am lucky"-type musings:

I saw The Nose yesterday (in a movie theater, live-streamed from the Met) - hands-down the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life. I have seen the Chrysler Building. I have always been able to find work. I discovered Charles Ives :-) I have had the good fortune to make the acquaintance of some really great people. I know that the human race is capable of beautiful things.

Well, the coherence of this has just escaped me :-) Maybe I'll come back to this later.




No comments: