Friday, October 4, 2013

ten-four good buddy

yeah, ten-four...the week has just flown by, and there's so much I haven't done. Didn't run all the miles, didn't run the workouts. Didn't practice enough, or maybe practiced the wrong things. I signed up for Richmond, made (and paid for) the travel arrangements, then pulled a hamstring on today's easy run. Had that impressive memory lapse at rehearsal the other night; I'm sure I remember it bigger and better than everyone else, but still...   The lesson stuff for this week, well, ugh. It starts out sounding terrible and babyish, and it takes a while for me to get going, and then I spend too much time on , say, one arpeggio and suddenly it's time to stop and go to bed so I can get up at 4-something the next morning to run. I make up a lot of nasty comments about my playing, perhaps to inoculate myself against all the stuff that my teacher (mostly) doesn't say, but very well could.

And my boss's boss's boss's boss has taken to calling me Susan, which is not my name.

No comments: