Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I have fallen behind

Got too busy to post for a while...

I skipped Richmond, took a few days completely off (any kind of exercise), then started walking, then a bit of jogging. I devised a Herman Cain recovery plan (meaningless slogans containing repeated numbers), and I completed 4-4-4-4 with no trouble and am about to embark on 5-5-5-5-5. We'll see.

When last I posted, I was pretty depressed, and I dealt with it not by actually dealing with it but by playing lots and lots and lots of viola. Thanks to the wonderful Kreddle and super Bon Musica I was able to drown my sorrows, so to speak, without any physical ill-effects. I spent a lot of time working on  the pieces for string orchestra, and (I think) it paid off in our concert Sunday. But after a couple of weeks of this, today I'm actually sore and tired, and stuff sounds bad. I absolutely hate the 4th movement of the Telemann viola concerto - it sounds so thin and whiny and out of tune. And sloooowwwwwww. It sounds even worse slow.

No comments: