Wednesday, February 5, 2014

head and shoulders, knees and toes

Orchestra rehearsal was much better tonight than last week. My stand partner was there. We acquired a new cellist, who is really good. There was more ensemble playing to complement the work the sections did separately. Even the violists got to go over a few things as a section. Of course, I played out of tune and with all the feeling of a stump, but I will work on that.

On the down side, I've been getting charley-horse type cramps in the evenings, always around the same time of night, not sure why. Two nights ago, a foot cramp spread to my hamstring, hip flexor, and then the other side of my body, all within a few minutes. I've started taking magnesium, and making a point of drinking a lot of water. maybe it will help.

No comments: