Tuesday, March 18, 2014

observation on positive thinking

I was reading the blog of someone I don't know. I follow the blog because the person is a professional musician, and even though there is very little about music in the blog, I read it anyway.

In the latest entry, the blogger mentions moving alone to a new house (presumably because of a relationship's end). The tone is hopeful instead of miserable. But what struck me most is the remark that the blogger will be 50 years old in a few months and sees this as a new start, a reinvention. What? A new start? A reinvention? Here I sit, at 50 years old plus a few months, thinking my life is over, there is no more in front of me, no hopes, only regrets, only decline. I wish, I wish so much that I could think like that blogger.

No comments: