Saturday, March 29, 2014

the best two days

The past two days have been the best in a long time.

I ran a bit - faster yesterday, longer today.

I seem to be climbing out of the musical rut. Some things are feeling a lot easier, getting noticeably better. Yes, even I notice.

Had a good viola lesson yesterday; worked mostly on the solo recital piece. There's still more to be done, but it seems doable, if I work hard enough.

Today was my cellist friend's recital, and we played our duet, and it went ok! People seemed to like it, which just blew me away. They applauded; they talked to us afterward. Not like last recital, where I felt like a pebble that had been tossed carelessly into a deep lake. I have never felt so good about a recital. I may never again, for that matter. But I'm really glad it happened.

No comments: