Sunday, September 28, 2014

another week gone.

Long run today - what I would have called "medium-long" a year ago, but in the heat and humidity of late summer + stationary front, 14.25 miles was all I had, and that was enough to influence the rest of my day, despite a nap. What day is it? It is the 11th day of the Ops 2 sprint and the 7th day of the New 2 sprint. But what day is it? Is it spring, fall? From the the other room I heard baseball and football on TV. I read on facebook about a teacher doing some grading and for a moment thought it was springtime-getting-close-to-summer-vacation. But no - it is the 11th day of the Ops 2 sprint and the 7th day of the New 2 sprint. That is what today is.

Still, it wasn't a total wash.I got silly and invited a bunch of people to a birthday party for Charles Ives. I did some laundry. I caught up with email (what email? hardly anyone emails anymore. it's practically a dead medium). I practiced viola until I could not stand up any longer. I will be in bed by a reasonable hour.

No comments: