Sunday, September 14, 2014

sunday bizarre

Most of the week I mourn my lack of practice time. Here it's a free day and I actually don't feel like practicing.

Not that I haven't been. I just haven't been doing it well. I'm to the point of misreading simple things (for example, I see a D and play an E), and I'm tense and sore from playing a scale that starts in 7th position. There is stuff I am supposed to practice and within that, things I'm supposed to be aiming for (speed, facility, tone, musicality), but I don't think I'm up to it.

I need to remind myself that there are times to look at the big picture and times not to, because it's too overwhelming. Sometimes I just need to do the work (in this case, play through an etude using various rhythmic patterns) and trust it will do me good, in ways I can't even imagine.

No comments: