Friday, September 26, 2014

the unknown knowns

Back to ye olde imaging center for more imaging today.

The breast stuff was read onsite and results communicated to me at the end of the visit: "we see stuff, we don't know what the stuff is, we need to biopsy the stuff." I go back next Thursday for a day-long round of this (2 different kinds of biopsy). It is apparently less painful. less invasive, and less debilitating than surgical biopsies were 11 years ago, but still takes a while. As soon as I got home I emailed my boss and requested that whole day off rather than try to work before and after.

The abdominal/pelvic stuff remains an unknown unknown. Today they had students observing, so the ultrasound tech delivered a running narrative while doing the study. Talking about observations and findings in front of patients is generally a no-no, and the tech kept lowering her voice to talk about certain things, or she'd use nonspecific  words "let's make sure we get a measurement of this..." God only knows what this was. I guess I will find out soon enough.

I kept telling myself that it has all already happened, that knowing about it won't make any difference. There is no point in worrying about it.

Still, there is xanax.

No comments: