Wednesday, October 22, 2014

blast from the past

Before orchestra rehearsal tonight, a few people I'm friendly with (2 violinists and a cellist) got together to play, well, whatever. I had no quartet music on me so we ended up murdering a triosonata for 2 somethings and piano (the violinists played the piano part(s)) and a piece for trio I hadn't touched in a long time. And for about 20 minutes, it was 2 years ago, when I couldn't read and was really self-conscious about playing with people I don't know well. I was terrible - I played wrong notes, fuzzy notes, out-of-tune/out-of-time notes. I stopped playing a lot. I thought it would be like this the whole night, prayed it wouldn't be, and...it wasn't. I was definitely distracted, but I regained the ability to read, and then think, and (finally) play. Phew.

No comments: