Sunday, October 19, 2014

I don't believe in anything but cycles

Out of nowhere, someone I used to work with briefly (and who doesn't know me well) sent me a link to a video about gratitude. Normally I steer way clear of stuff like that, but the person who sent the link is interesting and smart, so I watched the video. And what do you know, it made me think. The video made some interesting, non-preachy points. I have no idea why this guy sent the video.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Second Opinion turned out to be wonderful even though she sees more stuff that bears investigation (how much can fit in there? it's like a clown car) and I may end up with major major surgery after all, or worse. So I go back tomorrow for 2 more images and 2 more biopsies, and hopefully then we should know what's what, and start thinking about when.

This morning I ran 13 miles, did not dog it. I haven't taken a day off in a while and I'm ready, so I switched my schedule around so I can take tomorrow off. I have to be at the hospital fairly early anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I ran today I could hardly wait to get home and practice. And that's pretty much how I spent the day, apart from doing laundry. I plowed through everything I'd planned to practice. Some worked and some didn't; some stuff that seemed easy turned out to be hard once I defined the real goal (not just in tune but at a certain tempo, and clean). Other stuff went from doable to impossible and back to doable. I finished the list by 8:00 or so, and as a reward I dragged out old music and was delighted to find that most of it was much easier than it ever was. If nothing else, my reading is much better than it used to be, and that makes such a difference. It frees up a big chunk of my brain.

No comments: