Saturday, October 18, 2014

it takes so little

It takes so little alcohol to alter me. Couple of sips of rye and I love the world. Or hate it, But today, I love it.

I got 54 miles this week, which was in the training plan for the race I probably won't be able to run in January. My one attempt at speedwork failed utterly, but I did get the miles and I'm happy for that. The weather turned cool again, which helps a lot. 

Music: Despite some scatterbrained-ness in practice, music was fun, orchestra was fun, it was all fun. Another good lesson today. Granted, I was somewhat more prepared this week than in previous weeks. Then again, he did hold me back in everything last week, so in essence I was going in on 2 weeks' prep. Still, I don't know what's gotten into him, but he seems, well, optimistic. Rather, he is not as unrelentingly critical as he was. A part of me wonders if he's given up on me. Where is my real teacher, and who is this nice encouraging person that looks like him? 

I know I am a rank beginner, and yet I am happy where I am. Not that I want to stay there. But it's passable enough that I can enjoy some things about my playing. And things I want to learn no longer seem totally impossible, or completely out of reach, just maybe a ways away. But I can live with that.

No comments: