Friday, December 5, 2014

no drama

Surgery was today, and after all I'd read on the breastcancer.org forums I was prepared for any amount of drama from zero to a hundred. It was very much the former. The wire placement went smoothly and really didn't hurt much. As for the surgery, I stared at the OR ceiling for a minute or two and then woke up in recovery, pain-free and non-nauseated; after a bit I was allowed to go home. Unfortunately, I assumed that since I was awake, the anesthesia had worn off. Wrong! Once it did actually wear off, hours later, I had already allowed myself to get dehydrated, and since I'd spent about 40 minutes practicing viola I'd also aggravated my right side. The rest of the day has not been fun. It's sore. I can't eat (I am staring at a plate of food as I type this). My throat is sore. I feel like I'm going to vomit but my stomach is empty. I hate vicodin. Bleh. I'm just bitching, I know. It could have been so much worse, and I will feel better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lee said...

You will! Yayy! I'm with ya.