Sunday, January 18, 2015

oh, it has been a while

A short while, anyway.

I have not been able to run in almost two weeks. I had a calf cramp while sleeping, ran on the leg and it cramped again, and since then I've been unable to run even intermittently without a lot of pain. It will heal, but it's frustrating.

My viola teacher and I discussed (the recent, unpleasant) things at our last lesson. At least, I think we did. He doesn't like to discuss via email and I don't like real-life conversations, so we are at an impasse without even realizing it. I'm sure something got said, but I can't remember what it was. As far as I know, lessons will continue, but I still have doubts. My former teacher (who is a friend and colleague of my current teacher, and a friend of mine as well) has been wonderful about shoring me up and making me see things as not-so-horrible; she told me about her teacher in grad school, who sounded like a first-class jerk (from what she told me about him) but from whom she learned so much. My current teacher and I did end up making recordings this weekend. Tomorrow I will send them to the people at camp, cross my fingers, and pray.

Work? I don't even want to talk about it.

I haven't seen a doctor since xmas eve, when the radiation guy said I didn't need it. I will remain doctor-free until Feb 3, when I see the medical oncologist for the first time. In many ways the last several weeks have been lovely; I hardly ever think about this health stuff at all.

No comments: